CAHSPR is seeking the 2023 Article of the Year
In continued partnership, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research – Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (CIHR-IHSPR) and Canadian Association for Health Services and Policy Research (CAHSPR) are pleased to launch the annual competition, Article of the Year, to recognize ground-breaking health services and policy research published in a peer-reviewed journal that has significantly contributed to the field of HSPR in Canada.
One (1) award will be granted, valued at $10,000. IHSPR and CAHSPR will jointly present and showcase this award at the annual CAHSPR conference and the recipient will have an opportunity to orally present their article at a live webinar hosted by IHSPR and CAHSPR after the conference.
This award is intended to recognize published research in a peer-reviewed journal that has significantly contributed to the advancement of HSPR in Canada. The research article must report on original research conducted by the author (commentaries and editorials will not be considered). Articles related to the following will be considered:
- Research that demonstrates a clear or potential impact on policy, practice, or health outcomes (e.g., inform the design or implementation of health services policies or interventions, decision maker uptake, change management for improved practice);
- Research that breaks ground in the way health services or policy research is conducted (e.g., innovations in methodology, novel theory or application of theory, new approaches to existing problems, new methods for engaging ‘hard-to-reach’ populations).
The award recipient(s) will also receive:
- Promotion of the author(s) and award-winning article through various IHSPR and CAHSPR channels (e.g., websites, newsletters, social media)
- Certificate of excellence from IHSPR and CAHSPR
- Complimentary conference registration at the CAHSPR conference
- Opportunity to orally present at the CAHSPR conference
- Application deadline: Monday, February 13, 2023
- Anticipated notice of decision: Monday, May 15, 2023
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!