Call for Nominations: Research Advisory Council 2017, Prostate Cancer Canada
Prostate Cancer Canada has been successful in supporting important, innovative research to improve the understanding of, and the effects of prostate cancer on men. The Research Advisory Council (RAC) has played a pivotal role in this. RAC ensures Prostate Cancer Canada funds only the research that has the greatest potential to impact this disease by identifying research priorities, overseeing the peer-review process and advising on PCC’s ongoing research projects and awards. With the release of the PCC Research Strategic Plan in 2012, under the guidance of RAC, great progress has been made in launching important research programs to accelerate the generation and impact of research findings. As PCC moves into its next phase of research funding, we are soliciting nominations for RAC membership to maintain the momentum of the last four years.
Specifically PCC is seeking individuals who:
- are established independent health researchers with a focus or interest in prostate cancer
- possess a clear understanding and demonstrated leadership experience of peer review processes for research funding
- have a strong track record in peer-reviewed research grant funding and research output
- have an understanding of how to evaluate the impact of health research programs
- have knowledge of the Canadian health research funding landscape
- preferably have experience in a research strategic advisory role in another organization
Each term of appointment is 3 years, renewable for a further term. Collectively RAC membership represents expertise in all areas of health research and is broadly representative of all major regions of Canada.
RAC meets in person at least once each year. Other meetings will take place by teleconference as needed. Members will be reimbursed for reasonable travel and accommodation expenses according to PCC’s travel policies.
For more information on the role of RAC and PCC’s research program, please go to:
Please send the following to constitute your nomination for membership to Prostate Cancer Canada’s Research Advisory Council:
- a letter of interest introducing the nominee andqualifications for this role
- an abridged Curriculum Vitae (include information from only the previous five years)
Self-nominations are permitted.
Please send your nomination documents to Joanne Reynolds, Manager, Research Operations at email@example.com no later than Friday, February 24, 2017.
Appointments will be confirmed in early April.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!