CancerCare Manitoba located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada is a provincial agency which provides clinical and academic services and leadership for cancer control and the treatment of blood disorders. We invite applications for the position of:
Manager, Psychosocial Oncology (PSO)
Patient & Family Support Services
Competition #: 122-16-71470
Psychosocial Oncology, within Patient and Family Support Services, consists of a multidisciplinary team who provide assessment and counselling services to patients and families of CancerCare Manitoba. Education, research, and community program development are also significant activities within the department.
The Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the Psychosocial Oncology Services (PSO); overseeing the planning, implementation, fiscal management and evaluation, and short and long-term strategic planning of programs and services, PSO clinical, academic, research and community programs and providing leadership for development of an effective and collaborative clinical/research team.
The Manager provides Provincial Leadership for the coordination and equitable access to cancer-related psychosocial resources in Manitoba.
- PhD or Masters in social work or psychology preferred or the appropriate health or human science discipline and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in oncology or equivalent experience.
- Proof of license with the Professional College of the discipline.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in health care administration and program management including planning, innovation and development, evaluation and budgeting.
- Knowledgeable in principles of adult learning with ability to coach, advise and teach others.
- Expertise in theoretical, clinical and research frameworks, with a demonstrated ability to facilitate or conduct research studies.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills with ability to build collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and patient information systems.
- Integrity, dependability, honesty, initiative and high ethical standards.
Other acceptable combination of academic education and experience, as determined by CancerCare Manitoba may be considered.
Salary: Out of Scope
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed and current resume, together with a covering letter stating the Competition Number to:
Human Resources Services
675 McDermot Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3E OV9
or Fax: (204) 786-0181
Closing Date: June 3, 2016
Position #: PFSSPS_MCC_DIRCT_001