CLOSING DATE/DATE LIMITE: February 25, 2015
POSITION SUMMARY/RÉSUMÉ DU POSTE:
CCO’s Clinical Programs and Quality Initiatives Division offers an exciting opportunity to be part of the transformational Models of Care program, aimed at improving the way cancer services are delivered and organized in Ontario. Launched in response to societal and health system pressures, including increasing demand for cancer services and constrained resources, Models of Care seeks out best practice models of care that make the best use of health human resources and healthcare settings, promoting those that offer both high-quality care and sustainability for the cancer system.
We seek a creative self-starter who is eager to apply his/her policy research and critical thinking skills to support the work of this strategic priority in the Ontario Cancer Plan. As a Senior Policy Analyst for the Models of Care program, you will identify opportunities for policy change, and develop recommendations to implement these changes. You will work in close partnership with other CCO program areas to support multiple projects that aim at driving transformational change in the way we deliver cancer care in Ontario.
The key responsibilities of this position are/Les principales responsabilités de ce poste sont:
- Provides policy expertise in the identification, analysis, and assessment of a broad range of cancer care issues, trends, and directions which affect the organization of health care services in Ontario.
- Identifies program challenges, barriers, and approaches associated with the implementation and support of new models. Formulates recommendations, strategies, and policy options for the Models of Care program, CCO, and its key stakeholders, to effectively respond to these issues.
- Leads and/or contributes to Models Of Care working groups, comprised of CCO colleagues, Ministry of Health stakeholders, service providers, and patients. Undertakes all areas of policy analysis, including issues identification, analysis and synthesis of literature, conceptual frameworks, development of options and recommendations.
- Develops and maintains critical Models Of Care stakeholder linkages and partnerships, consulting with health care providers, associations, and other key external stakeholders and with colleagues throughout the cancer system on key policy issues, initiatives, and activities impacting cancer services.
- Conducts the review and analysis of formal and informal research findings, cross-jurisdictional experience, and other forms of evidence for effective decision-making.
- Promotes Models Of Care initiatives through presentations to members of the health system/sector, and CCO management and staff.
- Leads development of a change management strategy that will help engage key stakeholders in developing new models of cancer care delivery, and guide its implementation
- Prepares briefing notes, position papers, reports, and other documentations regarding MOC initiatives.
- Participates in the development of strategic directions for the program by working closely with the Manager to ensure integration and co-ordination of key initiatives.
- A masters degree in health or public policy, health administration, or business administration
- Minimum 6 years related work experience
- Demonstrated leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent writing and policy research skills
- Strong relationship-building skills, with demonstrated experience engaging and building relationships and consensus among diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision
- A tactical thinker with experience formulating policy and working on policy initiatives, assessing impacts and identifying risks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- An understanding of Ontario’s healthcare system and the policy environment