CIHR Planning & Dissemination Grants
Application Deadline: February 1, 2022
For Full program details and to apply Click Here
CIHR – Institute of Cancer Research (ICR)
The CIHR Institute of Cancer Research (ICR) will provide funding for applications that are consistent with the mandate of the Institute and those that support the development of the next generation of leaders within ICR’s mandate area. ICR is dedicated to supporting research that reduces the burden of cancer on individuals and families through prevention strategies, screening, diagnosis, effective treatment, psycho-social support systems, and palliation.
- The maximum amount awarded for a single grant is $10,000.
- Priority will be given to events, activities, workshops, and symposia that take place in Canada.
- Local events/activities (i.e. only open to members of a specific/local institution) will not be given priority.
- Events/activities must include and benefit stakeholders from several regions in Canada.
- Priority will be given for events/activities that align with one or more of the following areas:
- Cancer Prevention
- Targeting High Fatality/Hard to Treat Cancers through early detection and emerging therapeutics
- Health Economics/Health Services Research in Cancer Control
- Equity in Cancer Prevention and Control
CIHR’s mandate is to excel, according to internationally accepted standards of scientific excellence, in the creation of new knowledge and its translation into improved health, more effective health services and products, and a strengthened health care system. CIHR integrates research through a unique interdisciplinary structure made up of virtual Institutes and Initiatives. The Institutes and Initiatives are networks of researchers and stakeholders brought together to focus on important health problems, with each Institute and Initiative dedicated to a specific area of focus, linking and supporting researchers pursuing common goals.
One of the mechanisms for Institutes and Initiatives to achieve their mandates is by offering planning and/or dissemination grants within the Institute/Initiative Community Support (ICS) Program. The Planning and Dissemination Grants are intended to provide support for planning and/or dissemination activities (either virtual or in-person) consistent with the mandate of CIHR and relevant to CIHR Institutes and Initiatives.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!