CPAC – Director, Diagnosis and Clinical Care (12-14 Month Maternity Leave Replacement)
Reports to: VP, Cancer Control
Location: Toronto (Downtown)
Status: Full-Time (12-14 Month Maternity Leave Replacement)
Posting Date: June 16, 2016
Closing Date: July 8, 2016
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the VP, Cancer Control, the Director Diagnosis & Clinical Care will ensure the development and implementation of quality improvement initiatives, evidence-based tools, standards and guidelines that address key issues in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The position is responsible for a growing portfolio with key projects in pathology, surgery, radiation oncology and medical oncology.
- Master’s/PhD degree in a health care-related field and with experience and training in cancer control disciplines (e.g., behavioral science, health services research and policy, epidemiology or a related discipline)
- Minimum 10 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Significant clinical and/or system quality experience along with strong experience in leading teams and/or projects
- Strong relationships and stakeholder engagement experience with cancer care leadership
- Deep knowledge of the cancer community in Canada, and awareness of key international initiatives that may provide insight for our work
- Highly motivated strategic thinker who is skilled at anticipating issues and recommending and implementing solutions that result in effective outcomes and knowledge management
- Leadership experience and ability to facilitate collaborations with clinicians and build partnerships is essential
- A commitment to collaboration and a joint-accountability approach
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal; in both official languages an asset
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills, including vendor management
- Strong mentoring, coaching and knowledge-sharing skills, ability to interact and work effectively with staff
- Proven project management skills
- Experience in not-for-profit an asset, particularly the Canadian cancer care environment
For further details on this position, please see the full job description in the link below:
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to Talentmanagement@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!