How many people can answer the question, “What do you do for a living?” with the answer, “I help find cures for cancer.” At The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (LLSC), employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our regional or national offices your role each day contributes to making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (LLSC) is an affiliate of the LLS in the United States and is the world’s largest voluntary health agency dedicated to blood cancer. LLSC funds lifesaving blood cancer research across Canada and delivers patient education, support and programming tailored to Canadians.
Reporting to the Vice President, Engagement, this new position of Director, Blood Cancer Research and Mission Programs will:
Be responsible for the leadership and management of LLSC’s blood research and programs and the building and engagement of relationships with the research community and others.
- Degree in medicine/research, health administration or nursing (advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum of 7 years related experience in a senior management position within a national health agency
- Knowledge of research funding environment, preferably in cancer related field
- Understanding the patient care settings and treatment needs, ideally in oncology
- Demonstrates communications skills to present information at ease and in a meaningful way
- Brings understanding and preferably experience in drug review process
- Experience in managing a diverse portfolio in a leadership capacity
- Experience working in a multi-tiered organization or not for profit and has knowledge of health care systems across Canada
- Interpersonal skills to engage, motivate and leverage stakeholders both internally and externally. Able to connect, build and maintain a range of relationships
- Experience in operational management and leading a team
- Proficiency in fiscal management
- Proven management ability in the areas of budget control, management objectives and strategic, program and staff development.
- Solid knowledge of the oncology community
For more information about this position CLICK HERE.