Director, Communications and Outreach, Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC)
Position: Director, Communications and Outreach
Reports to: Vice President, Strategy
Location: Toronto (Downtown)
Posting Date: April 7, 2015
Closing Date: April 22, 2015
Overview of Role
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategy, the Director, Communications and Outreach is a key position, accountable to drive the strategy and implementation of the Partnership’s core enabling function of public engagement & outreach. The Director is responsible to manage all external communication needs, and to effectively deliver all internal communication functions for the organization, communicating the progress and impact of the cancer control strategy to a variety of audiences including partners, the public, staff and media. The Director is a member of the Partnership’s Strategic Management Committee that includes the CEO, Vice Presidents and Directors, and will contribute to the organization’s strategic decision making to achieve its mandate in cancer control.
- University degree (Master’s level preferred) in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Public Relations or related field
- Minimum 10 years progressively senior experience in all aspects of corporate communications, with an emphasis on developing and implementing comprehensive communications strategies, risk management and change management communications and key message development
- Experience and confidence in providing strategic recommendations that result in effective communications programs and drive results
- Experience in citizen engagement or outreach programs, whether in the public sector, including provincial and federal government, or private sector environments
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills, including ability to influence, engage and align multiple stakeholders in the development and implementation of strategy
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience of health sector issues/challenges, preferably cancer
- Experience or demonstrated understanding of key funding/government relationship requirements and policy environment
- Proven strategic leadership and management skills along with strong mentoring, coaching and knowledge-sharing skills, and ability to interact and work effectively with staff
- Strong understanding of strategies (including social media) for public and citizen engagement
- Ability to direct a wide range of activities from big picture strategies to detail-oriented projects
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic communication counsel to executives and senior leaders
- Innovative and strategic thinker, highly motivated, organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages is preferred
For further details on this position, please see the full job description in the link below:
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to Talentmanagement@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!