Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Date of Posting: March 7, 2016
Deadline for Application: April 30th, 2016
Note: Contract or permanent position
The Institute of Health Economics (IHE) is seeking an experienced health economist to support economic evaluations and studies being conducted for a variety of stakeholders. IHE is a not-for-profit organization that assists decision makers in health policy and practice with the results from economic evaluations, costing, organizational performance, and cost-effectiveness analyses, and with syntheses of findings from research in health technology assessment.
Roles and Activities:
- Conceptual development and implementation of research studies, including economic surveillance, costing, and cost-effectiveness analyses
- Consultation with key experts for data collection and study validation
- Project coordination, whenever applicable
- Literature searches and critical appraisals for the purpose of model data retrieval
- Preparation of research reports, publications in scientific journals, and presentations at conferences (poster and oral)
- Publishing your work and presenting your work within various forums to a variety of stakeholders
Skills and Abilities:
- This position requires sound understanding of health economic principles, as well as strong quantitative skills and methodological skills in terms of econometrics, economic modeling, and economic theory
- Project management and leadership skills are essential
- Ability to assess and conduct costing, cost-benefit, cost-effectiveness analyses, ROI, market analysis.
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills are required
Education and Work Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a relevant degree in Economics, and/ or Health Economics and have applied health economic evaluation experience
- Experience in Health Technology Assessment would be a strong asset.
For more information about this position or to apply CLICK HERE.