Position: Manager, Knowledge Mobilization Strategy
Reports to: Director, Knowledge Mobilization
Location: Toronto (Downtown)
Posting date: June 9, 2017
Closing Date: June 26, 2017
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the Director, Knowledge Mobilization, the Manager, Knowledge Mobilization Strategy is accountable for driving and implementing a strategy for the effective uptake and use of the evidence created by the Partnership and its partners, to support increased efficiency and acceleration of cancer control in Canada.
Of primary importance to this role is proactively inspiring and managing a diverse team that serves as a core enabling function to the Partnership by providing expertise on the full spectrum of knowledge mobilization – from implementing standards for evidence creation and addressing evidence synthesis needs across the Partnership teams, understanding the unique needs of the Partnership’s target audiences and applying those insights to the development of tailored knowledge products, implementing best practices for dissemination and implementation strategies to move knowledge into active use and scale successes where possible, promoting adoption of KMb tools and theories to build capacity internally, and finally, to measuring the effectiveness of all knowledge mobilization efforts across the Partnership.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, or Librarian Sciences
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience within a health, academic or research institution or a specialized setting/complex environment
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge translation and mobilization theories and practice, individual and organizational behaviour change and experience with their practical application.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in the use of research and methods, tools and approaches to the use of evidence including approaches to evaluation
- Strong leadership skills to work with diverse teams and partners to develop, plan, deliver, monitor and evaluate knowledge products from conception to public release and dissemination
- Advanced project management skills including excellent attention to detail and ability to manage timelines and budgets.
- Excellent problem recognition and solving abilities with minimal supervision on a range of complex tasks.
- Effective planning and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet milestones.
- Strong mentoring, coaching and knowledge-sharing skills, ability to interact and work effectively with staff
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills, including stakeholder management at the provincial and/or national levels
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience of health sector issues/challenges, preferably cancer; experience in not-for-profit an asset
For further details on this position, please see the full job description in the link below:
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to Talentmanagement@partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
For additional information, please visit www.partnershipagainstcancer.ca.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.