New Health Services Research Funding Announced (Ontario)
In collaboration with Cancer Care Ontario, the Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) is excited to announce a new funding opportunity to support health services research projects that will provide the knowledge needed to optimize the delivery of cancer services today and to ensure appropriate dissemination of health service innovations and well-evaluated technologies.
Up to $150,000 per year for a maximum of two years for projects related to one of the following priority areas. Projects that address hard-to-treat cancers and/or have a clear trajectory to intervention studies are preferred.
- Data infrastructure, integration and mobilization studies (e.g., data linkage, quality, access, governance, and policy, including privacy and ethics considerations);
- Use of Real-World Evidence to advance innovations in health care and health technology assessments;
- Research addressing health care system adoption of accepted best practices related to precision medicine;
- Use of artificial intelligence and digital health tools by health care systems and their impact on access to care, models of care, quality and cost of care, and patient outcomes;
- Knowledge translation and dissemination projects; and
- Population health studies (e.g., prevention and screening).
Individuals based in, or formally affiliated with, an Ontario Host Institution, such as a university, research institute, research hospital, or not-for-profit organization with an explicit research mandate.
|Registration deadline||August 17, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. EDT|
|Response to registrants||August 24, 2018|
|Letter of Intent (LOI) deadline*||September 14, 2018 by 5 p.m. EDT|
|Response to LOI applicants*||October 15, 2018|
|Full application deadline||November 16, 2018 by 5 p.m. EST|
|Funding to begin||April 1, 2019|
|Funding term end date (maximum)||March 31, 2021|
*LOI stage may not be required.
Download the registration form [DOC]
Application forms will be available in August 2018.
Contact OICR’s Scientific Secretariat department: email@example.com
This opportunity is funded in collaboration with Cancer Care Ontario.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!