As part of the Research, Health Promotion and Survivorship team, the Policy Analyst will use research and evidence to create and refine Prostate Cancer Canada (PCC) position statements and develop and coordinate government relations activities. The position is pivotal in ensuring that PCC continues to fulfill its important role as an advocate for all those affected by prostate cancer.
This is a full-time position and is based at the downtown Toronto office.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in either health policy, health sciences, health administration or related degree
- Three years’ experience in policy analysis and/or research with a demonstrated ability to gather, synthesize, evaluate and interpret information from diverse sources
- Three years’ experience in the health care field with knowledge of health policy and government direction
- Experience formulating policy and working on policy and advocacy initiatives, assessing impact and conducting options analyses
- Experience in preparation of briefing notes, reports, policy papers and evidence summaries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven process and project management skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and competence to establish priorities and balance multiple projects
- Ability to react quickly and carry out work competently under pressure and with minimal guidance
- Proficient computer skills
- Collaborative working style
- Adaptability, flexibility, diplomacy and tact
- Familiarity with the cancer care system in Canada an asset
For more information about this position or to apply CLICK HERE.