Job Title:Research Coordinator III – L iKa Shing Knowledge In
Department:Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute
Job Category:Human Resources
New Work Type:Full-Time Permanent
Salary Range:$33.59 – $41.98 per hour
Dr. Yvonne Bombard is an interdisciplinary genomics health services researcher and a recipient of a 5 year CIHR Foundation grant, which aims to evaluate the benefits & harms of adopting new genomic technologies in health care, and assess their impacts on health outcomes & health services. Dr. Bombard is looking for a Research Coordinator III who will be responsible for all aspects of the research study including: clerical, project management, data collection & analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, the development and implementation of research protocols, design and execution of research studies, preparation of ethics applications, research grants and manuscripts, and coordination of students, staff and volunteers.
Clerical/Support: (30% of work time)
- Prepare consent forms, REB submissions and progress reports
- Coordinate grant and manuscript submissions
- Prepare research related information, including written study reports when necessary
- Represent St. Michael’s Hospital at protocol development and study initiation meetings
- General office activities, e.g. filing, faxing, mailings, courier services, photocopying, etc.
Research Activities (50% of work time)
- Assist in drafting mixed methods research proposals and protocols
- Design and pre-test data collection forms (e.g., interview guides, surveys and measures)
- Conduct data collection (e.g., qualitative interviews, focus groups and surveys)
- Conduct preliminary analyses of qualitative and survey data (e.g. analysis planning, execution and interpretation)
- Prepare reports for meetings, publications and presentations
- Assist in drafting manuscripts, conference presentations and grants
- Communicate with study participants and liaise with collaborators and clinical sites
- Perform literature searches and summaries, systematic reviews
- Ensure data quality
Managerial: (20% or work time)
- Coordinate research studies and maintain workplans, timelines and deliverables
- Coordinate staff, volunteers and students
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and standards relative to all aspects of the research program
- Take minutes and follow up on action items arising from research group meetings
- Maintain records for project funds
- Maintain research study budgets and payment schedules
- Generate personnel and payroll reports
- Minimum Masters Degree in health services research, genetics, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years research or research coordinator background experience.
- Demonstrated experience in both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- This includes research design (interview or focus group discussion guides, survey or measure development), data collection (interviewing, moderating focus groups, or administering surveys/measures), qualitative analysis (grounded theory, qualitative description), statistical analyses (descriptive and inferential statistics, regression modelling).
- Previous experience in peer-reviewed manuscript writing, and making presentations to scientific audiences is preferred;
- An aptitude for accuracy, detail and problem-solving;
- Experience in project management;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience supervising staff, students is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with Nvivo, SPSS or SAS, Endnote, Microsoft office programs.