Research Coordinator – Temporary Full Time
HOPE Research Centre, Sunnybrook Research Institute (SRI)
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Campus Site: Bayview (2075 Bayview Avenue)
Position Type: Temporary full-time (1.0 FTE) | Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
The HOPE Research Centre (www.hoperesearch.com), affiliated with SRI, is looking for a qualified, reliable, and motivated individual to work as a Research Assistant/Coordinator. The individual will be part of a specialized research team, assisting with all phases of current and upcoming studies in various disease areas, with a focus in oncology. HOPE collaborates with both public and private sector organizations. In addition to the key responsibilities listed below, the future HOPE team member needs to have excellent communication skills, the ability to multitask and solve problems independently.
1) Key Responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with study investigators and team throughout the entire duration of various research studies to ensure smooth and successful study conduct
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and updating of important study documentation such as proposals, Research Ethics Board applications (including amendments and renewals), research protocols, data analytical plans etc., in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Critically appraise and synthesize relevant scientific and clinical literature via background summaries.
- Coordinate and actively participate in study-related meetings (e.g., sending of meeting invites, setting agendas, providing constructive feedback and managing documentation).
- Manage patient-forward studies including obtaining consent, recruitment and conducting interviews.
- Develop publications through medical writing, including detailed scientific reports, abstracts, poster presentations, and comprehensive manuscripts for peer-reviewed journal submissions.
- Provide support to the HOPE manager and administrator with quarterly/annual reporting, other administrative/financial duties, supervision/training/orientation of new staff.
2) Preferred Qualifications
- BSc or higher in health-related discipline (a Masters is preferred).
- Two to five years experience in a scientific research setting; demonstrated experience coordinating research studies.
- Experience with administrative databases and other real-world evidence studies is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including medical writing.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills with respect to engaging with team members.
- Motivated individual with strong decision-making, strategic and innovative thinking capabilities.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Application Instructions: Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae in one PDF document to the HOPE Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 5PM EST on FRIDAY, JUNE 30, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.