Posting EOI – Scientist Lead, Health System Funding
City: Toronto, Ontario
Posted Date: Dec. 1, 2015
|ROLE TITLE:||Scientist Lead, Health System Funding|
|Vice President, Planning and Regional Programs|
|Downtown Toronto Subway location on University Ave|
|1-2 days per week
|No. of OPPORTUNITIES:
December 30, 2015
Cancer Care Ontario is seeking expressions of interest from health economists for the position of Scientist Lead, Health Economics. One of CCO’s strategic priorities is Value for Money. Value for Money focuses on maximizing the value of care delivered in health systems by measuring and improving the use of resources. Increasingly, fiscal restraint will force Ontario’s healthcare system to make tough decisions. We strive to enhance our ability to define, measure and improve the value of current and proposed initiatives and programs in the health systems in which we work, as well as develop workable solutions for maximizing overall health system value. This Provincial Lead role will provide direction and guidance for funding initiatives and program to ensure the best investments continue to be made. This opportunity is open to all qualified candidates. CCO is looking to engage successful candidate in a non-employment contractual agreement over the course of 2 years.
Interested parties should forward their expression of interest, curriculum vitae and signed copy of the Conflict of Interest Declaration, electronically, to Irene Blais, Director, Funding Unit, care of firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5 pm on December 30, 2015.
Interested parties should access the Conflict of Interest Declaration Form on the CCO website at http://www.cancercare.on.ca/about/vendorinfo/
Questions about the role may be submitted to email@example.com no later than December 11, 2015. A consolidated list of all questions and answers will be available to any party, by request, by December 18, 2015. To receive a copy of the consolidated list of questions and answers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develop CCO’s Health Economics strategy enabling the organization to measure and report healthcare costs at the macro level
- Provide strong, visionary leadership for the development and implementation of the strategic objective of Value for Money with a focus on health economics;
- Provide leadership for the design and development of methodology to assess investments and patient-based funding programs; evaluation of funding frameworks; and conducting Think Tanks and strategy sessions with stakeholders;
- Collaborate closely with, and provide strategic oversight to, a group of experts in fields integral to health system funding reform and chair an Advisory Council for Value for Money and funding agenda;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with thought leaders in health economics on behalf of CCO;
- Ensure that economic assessment projects are relevant, scientifically valid and appropriately planned, resourced, executed;
- Provide leadership in the field of health economics at the provincial level, including research advice or agenda, representing CCO’s projects in the community, at national meetings, and in the media;
- Represent CCO in pan-Canadian groups and conferences
- PhD in Economics, with speciality training in Health Economics and affiliation with an academic institution;
- Knowledge of current and emerging healthcare delivery systems and solid understanding of policy issues;
- Knowledge of clinical, administrative and system issues with respect to patient-based funding and health system funding reform;
- Recognized as an opinion leader within the professional community;
- Experience in leadership positions at provincial, regional and/or local level;
- Ability to interpret information, make sound decisions and communicate these to clinical and non-clinical audiences;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to build consensus.
While all of the above qualifications are desirable for this position, interested parties who meet the majority, but not all, are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested parties should forward their expression of interest and curriculum vitae, electronically, to Irene Blais,
- Director, Funding Unit, care of email@example.com no later than 5 pmon December 30,
- We will evaluate all applications against the skills and experience requirements for the position. Those candidates selected for interview will be contacted directly by a representative from the Business Unit. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks after the close of the posting, you can assume you are not under consideration for this position.