Job no: 0054026
Role type: Full time; Fixed-term for 3 years
Faculty: Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department/School: Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
Salary ($AUD): Level C – $131,739 – $151,900/Level D – $158,624 – $174,754 p.a. plus 17% super
About the Role
Within the Melbourne School of Population and Global Health there is an active health technology assessment, health services research and health economics research and teaching program as part of the multi-disciplinary Centre for Health Policy. A Group Leader is required to join the Centre to lead the Melbourne Health Technology and Value Assessment Collaboration (M-VAC).
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Produce and have oversight of Health Technology Assessment reports and supporting research publications where appropriate
- supervise evaluators and other research staff with oversight for quality assurance and quality improvement
- Contribute to capacity building and the development of training materials and programs in health technology assessment
Your exceptional communication skills coupled with your interpersonal skills will allow you to successfully lead a team and work in collaboration. You are highly organised with strong project management skills that contribute to your ability of being able work under pressure whiles managing competing deadlines.
Ideally, you will further have:
- Post graduate qualification in a discipline related to health evidence appraisal, systematic review or economic evaluation. This might include health-related or methods related disciplines (e.g. public health, economics, health services research, epidemiology, medicine, biostatistics).
- Experience and skills conducting health technology assessment, especially for the Medical Services Advisory Committee (MSAC) or Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) in Australia
- History of peer reviewed publications and attracting research funding