To apply online please visit https://bit.ly/30ctwYX
The Senior Manager, Research provides essential senior level support to Research leadership in the assessment and interpretation of CCS’s research investments and funding statistics in order to facilitate strategic planning and execution. The Senior Manager, Research will oversee the interpretation and communication of research funding data trends and evaluation projects related to the implementation and delivery of CCS’s Research Strategy and funding portfolio, fundraising priorities, and identification of opportunities that will enhance CCS’s position as a leader in the cancer research funding landscape in Canada.
This role can be based anywhere in Canada.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Funding data and trends
- Guide the Research Analyst and other members of the Research team (including Data, Analytics & Solutions (DAS) Business Analyst and Senior Manager, Research Programs) to ensure high quality collection and coding of grant-related data in CCS’s Research Portfolio
- Oversee the analysis and interpretation of grant-related data as it relates to research program quality, Inclusive Excellence Action Plan targets, Research Strategy implementation and Key Performance Indicators
- Identify and summarize trends, opportunities and risks related to the above and bring them forward to Research team for discussion and action
- Lead the annual review and revision of Grant and Award progress report templates and communicate these to the DAS Business Analyst for implementation in EGrAMS
- With the Senior Manager, Research Programs, undertake scientific review of annual reports submitted by funded researchers
- Identify key outputs from CCS’s Research Portfolio for public communication (including fundraising initiatives) and relay these, as applicable, to the Manager, Research Communications
- Prepare high level lay summaries and presentations communicating program performance to CCS advisory and board committees
- Liaise with Fundraising staff and relevant Research staff to identify donor designation opportunities
- Oversee tracking of donor designations in EGrAMS (recorded by the Research Analyst)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- PhD in health sciences field
- More than 5 years, up to and including 10 years – extensive job-related experience in progressively more senior positions.
- Data analysis and interpretation (Excel, SAS, SPSS)
- Experience working with fundraisers and/or in research communications an asset
- Experience working with research grants programs and grants management software an asset
- Strong scientific background with a broad understanding of oncology
- Excellent analytic and interpretation skills (Crystal Reports experience an asset) and an ability to synthesize and present data in a user-friendly fashion
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write and speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; communicate with technical and non-technical users
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proactive / self-starter
- Critical thinker
- Able to work independently with limited direct supervision as well as in a team – particularly in a virtual environment
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Ability and willingness to work from home and/or in the office with occasional requirements to work outside of regular hours.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional day or overnight travel.
For more details or to apply online please visit https://bit.ly/30ctwYX