Cancer Council NSW – Opportunity for a Postdoctoral Fellow, Research Fellow OR Senior Research Fellow – Sydney, NSW – Health Economist position!
Cancer Council NSW is an independent, community funded not for profit with a purpose. Our purpose is to beat cancer. What’s our point of difference? We look at all aspects of Cancer from research right through to support, with an aim of funding research of the highest scientific merit and of value to the community that we serve and represent.
Research is fundamental to unlocking the answers that will help us beat cancer. Cancer Council NSW is committed to conducting and funding research that enhances outcomes across the entire cancer journey.
Our highly regarded Cancer Research Division (CRD), led by Professor Karen Canfell, provides expert, impartial evidence that influences the actions of Cancer Council NSW, policy makers, practitioners and the community to reduce the national and international impact of cancer.
With a developed strategic intent that outlines our research priorities, the structure includes research groups specialising in key cancer types – colorectal, lung, prostate, lynch syndrome, bowel, cervix/HPV and breast – supported by a strong methods group, which provides core support and technical functions across all cancer streams, and a health economics function, which focuses on the economics of existing and new strategies in cancer control.
This role will be responsible for leading/contributing** to the health economics function in the Division.
Reporting to the Director Research this role will be responsible for:
- Contributing to building and maintaining a world class research program in the economic evaluation of cancer prevention, screening, early detection and management
- Overseeing the scientific management of existing research projects
- Managing and mentoring staff and post-graduate students
- Building collaborations with other key scientists in the field
- Making local and internationally recognised scientific and intellectual contributions to the field
Key accountabilities will be to:
- Provide/contribute to** leadership in the planning and development of research proposals and protocols involving the economic evaluation of cancer control strategies
- Conduct high-quality research leading to research publications in high-impact journals and the award of external research funding
- Implement and manage research projects as required according to best practice
- Manage research staff effectively, ensuring effective allocation and supervision of their work, their ongoing professional development, and effective management
- Oversee the preparation of submissions and grant applications for funding by external bodies
- Prepare and manage project and program budgets where appropriate
- Oversee management of research grant funding
- Direct and advise research staff on methods and study procedures for economic evaluations including inputs for costs, cost-effectiveness or cost-utility analyses
- Supervise post-graduate students
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships within CCNSW and with other health organisations, academic institutions, external researchers and industry partners
One of our values is Innovation. We seek and embrace the best. And that includes talent.
Operating within an academic structure, we want to hear from experts in the field who can show their track record and their results. You will need:
- PhD qualification in health economics, epidemiology, public health or a related field
For level C/D:
- Post-doctoral experience in a research related role, or solid experience in health technology assessment
- Demonstrated ability to attract funding through competitive grants and/or consulting
- Proven ability to provide leadership to foster excellence in research, professional activities, and policy development within the field
- High level interpersonal and verbal communication skills including conference presentations
- Strong national or international reputation in health economics
Experience in research on cancer prevention, screening and early detection or cancer services and outcomes will be looked on favourably.
**The level of appointment will determine on the level of responsibilities applied to the role
Why wait! Apply online by clicking APPLY NOW and submit your cover letter and resume! With your application, please quote reference ‘CRD 1217 HE’. Please note, we respect your time and therefore make the application process as simple as possible for you. Simply apply with a cover letter summarising why you are applying, and your resume to support your experience i.e we do not require you to address the selection criteria.
Applications close COB 24th January, 2018.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please do not hesitate to call Bridget Mudford on 02) 93341436.
Read more at https://www.cancercouncil.com.au/job/opportunity-postdoctoral-fellow-research-fellow-senior-research-fellow-level-b-d-sydney-nsw-health-economist-position/#hoExczsAikFOg6hb.99
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!