Sr. Analyst (Health Economics) – Cancer Care Ontario/ARCC (PFT)
Click here for more info or to apply
The Pharmacoeconomics Research Unit supports Cancer Care Ontario with timely, high quality, and relevant information to inform drug funding decisions.
We are recruiting an experienced Senior Analyst trained in Health Economics to design and conduct economic analyses and budget impact analyses to inform relevant policy questions. Reporting to the Manager, Pharmacoeconomics Research Unit, the successful candidate will be involved in conducting literature reviews, building and evaluating economic decision models, and liaising with clinicians, administrators and other stakeholders to conduct applied evaluations in the context of the provincial and/or Canadian cancer drug funding environments. Accordingly, the successful candidate requires strong background in cost-effectiveness analysis and decision-modelling methodology, along with clear and concise oral and written communication skills addressing both technical and non-technical audiences. This position will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with real-world application and impact.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Building and evaluating cost-effectiveness models and budget impact analyses in Microsoft Excel, conducting sensitivity analyses, and validating model outcomes
- Liaising with clinicians, CCO Provincial Drug Reimbursement Programs (PDRP) staff and the Ministry of Health to develop research questions and manage projects of importance to decision-makers
- Researching and understanding complex clinical processes and scenarios in cancer to inform analyses
- Reviewing literature, critically appraising usefulness, relevance and limitations of data sources and ensuring the appropriateness of analytical methods and accuracy of analyses in meeting the needs of the research questions under study
- Conducting data analyses using statistical software and advanced analytic techniques
- Designing and presenting analyses in a clear manner that incorporates flexibility and user input functionality
- Disseminating results of analyses tailored to different audiences in the form of statistical and descriptive reports, publications, presentations and at scientific conferences
- Evaluating economic models to guide internal and external stakeholders in using economic information to assess value
- Contributing to research projects and developing methods to advance the fields of health economics, decision modelling and health technology assessment
- Supporting and effectively managing complex projects, meeting tight timelines and handling competing priorities
Here is what you will need to be successful:
- Graduate degree in health economics, health services research or operations research or similar
- At least three years of work experience in health economics/health technology assessment
- Experience preparing economic models for reimbursement, budget impact analyses, or drug submissions is required
- Technical proficiency in building and evaluating state-based economic models in Microsoft Excel
- Use of advanced modelling techniques (e.g. parametric survival analysis, meta-analysis, Markov, multi-state and partitioned survival model structures)
- Evaluating outcomes and uncertainty using statistical methods (e.g. probabilistic sensitivity analysis) and scenario analyses to address uncertainties of clinical relevance
- Strong ability to manipulate data with spreadsheet, database, and other analytical software; experience with SAS or R and advanced data analysis methodology is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills and presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating professionalism and cooperation in a team environment
- High capacity for problem solving and critical thinking to develop options, new ideas, and recommendations while assessing risks
- Ability to work independently with demonstrated initiative and self-direction
- Proven organizational skills, analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Commitment to continuous professional learning
Employment Type: Permanent, Full Time
Job Posting Close Date: October 31, 2019 11:59 pm EST
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!