Through the Institute Community Support (ICS) Program, the CIHR Institutes have launched the latest ICS Travel Awards competition for students, postdoctoral fellows, new investigators and knowledge users to present their own research at national and international meetings and/or conferences.
This ICS Travel Awards competition will not support travel for research skills development or update, exchange programs or lectureships.
CIHR – Institute of Cancer Research (ICR)
CIHR-ICR will provide funding for Trainees only (persons registered in a master’s or doctoral program or at the post-doctoral or post-health professional degree stage) to present their own research (oral or poster), relevant to the Institute’s mandate or strategic priorities, at national or international meetings, conferences or symposia. Priority will be given to research that aligns with ICR’s current research priority areas.
Current Research Priority Areas are:
- Targeting High Fatality Cancers
- Health Economics and Health Services Research in Cancer Control
- Redressing Cancer Risk Factor Disparities and Prevention Service Inequities
- The maximum amount for a single award is $1,000.
CIHR – Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (IHSPR)
CIHR-IHSPR will provide funding for applications requesting support to travel to national and international meetings, conferences or symposia to present research that is determined to be relevant to its mandate and/or the following strategic research areas:
- Healthy aging in the community
- Innovations in healthcare financing and funding (including international comparisons)
- eHealth Innovations
- Learning health systems
For more information, please visit the Building the foundation for a pan-Canadian vision and strategy for Health Services and Policy Research web page.
- maximum amount for a single award is $1,500.
Specific Eligibility Requirements:
- CIHR-IHSPR will provide funding for Trainees (master’s and doctoral students and post-doctoral fellows) and New Investigators;
- CIHR-IHSPR will provide funding for travel that occurs within 9 months after the application deadline.