Call for Expressions of Interest: Indigenous Leadership Circle in Research
The three federal granting councils and the Canadian Foundation for Innovation (TC3+) are recruiting First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples’ members to join the newly created Indigenous Leadership in Research Circle. The Circle will advise and support the TC3+ during the implementation of their joint strategic plan for strengthening Indigenous research capacity.
This is a great opportunity to increase First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples’ representation in leadership and decision-making positions. It is important to us that Indigenous peoples from all fields, including natural sciences and engineering, play a stronger role in research funding policies among the granting agencies, informed by Indigenous ways of knowing in research and scientific inquiry.
Membership will be selected in a way that considers sufficient diversity to reflect First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples in Canada (including the perspectives of urban, rural, northern, on/off reserve Indigenous Peoples); different levels of experience and expertise (community and academic); breadth across the
agencies’ three mandate areas; gender equity; and geography.
How to apply – Click Here for full details
Interested individuals are invited to submit the following documents to show their interest in being considered for membership.
- A two- to three-page freeform document that:
- confirms they are of Indigenous ancestry;
- outlines the experiences and perspectives they have that would contribute to the mandate of the Leadership Circle; and
- explains how being part of the Leadership Circle would benefit them and their community (see this definition of “community” for reference), collective and/or organization.
- A signed letter of support from the individual’s community that describes the individual’s lived experience with research and involvement/role within the community.
All documents must be sent to Indigenous-Autochtone@sshrc-crsh.gc.ca with the subject line, “Indigenous Leadership Circle in Research.”
The deadline for applications is January 15, 2021. Appointments to the Leadership Circle will be announced in winter 2021.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!