https://cc-arcc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/ccra_wordmark.png 150 225 Rebecca Mercer https://cc-arcc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/ARCC_Logo_Horizonta2l.png Rebecca Mercer2021-11-08 10:48:512021-11-08 13:40:03Congratulations to the 2021 CCRA Award Winners!
Congratulations to the 2021 CCRA Award Winners!
Recognizing Outstanding Contributions to the Canadian Cancer Research Community
On November 8, 2022, the CCRA recognized five outstanding leaders in the Canadian cancer research community at their 2021 Canadian Cancer Research Conference.
The 2021 Award Recipients are:
- Barry Stein, President & CEO Colorectal Cancer Canada is the recipient of theCCRA Award for Exceptional Leadership in Patient Involvement in Cancer Research for his tireless advocacy to improve treatment access for cancer patients by facilitating the engagement of patients in clinical trials and for his commitment to promoting primary prevention and ensuring population-based colorectal cancer screening for all people in Canada.
- Linda Watson, Scientific Director of Applied Research and Patient Experience, Cancer Care Alberta is the recipient of the CCRA Award for Exceptional Leadership in Patient Involvement in Cancer Research for her dedication to person-centred care and commitment to improving the patient experience for cancer patients in Alberta and across Canada and for her leadership in promoting oncology nursing and improving patient outcomes through implementation science.
- Bradly Wouters, Senior Scientist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre; Executive VP Science and Research, University Health Networkis the recipient of the CCRA Award for Exceptional Leadership in Patient Involvement in Cancer Research for his commitment to facilitating research excellence across the cancer research spectrum in his leadership role at the University Health Network, for promoting multi-centred research collaborations to accelerate translational research, and for his responsiveness to the national and global needs created by the pandemic.
- Connie Eaves, PhD, FRSC, FRSE, FRSL, Terry Fox Laboratory, BC Cancer and Department of Medical Genetics and School of Biomedical Engineering, University of British Columbia is the recipient of the CCRA Award for Outstanding Achievements in Cancer Research for her pioneering, cutting-edge, and paradigm-shifting scientific contributions to the study of hematopoietic, mammary and cancer stem cells and for her dedication to outstanding mentorship of trainees, early-career investigators, and promotion of women in science.
- Elisabeth Baugh, Chair of World Ovarian Cancer Coalition and past CEO of Ovarian Cancer Canada is the recipient of CCRA Award forDistinguished Service to Cancer Research for her leadership as CEO of Ovarian Cancer Canada. She created a unified national organization to support women in Canada who are living with ovarian cancer, generated a strategic vision of research priorities, and mobilized women with ovarian cancer to successfully advocate for a first-ever targeted federal investment in ovarian cancer research. Elisabeth also championed ovarian cancer on the world state, founding World Ovarian Cancer Day in 2013, and leading a global coalition calling for the urgent prioritization of this disease because all women deserve the best care.
Congratulations to these individuals who have had a remarkable impact on cancer research and the cancer research community as well as those who have shown exceptional leadership in patient involvement in cancer research.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!