To find out more or to apply online for this position please visit: https://career.sickkids.ca:8001/psc/CRPRD/CAREER/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=12982&PostingSeq=1&
The Child Health and Evaluative Sciences (CHES) program at the Hospital for Sick Children is seeking a Research Associate. CHES is a team of multidisciplinary faculty and staff with a core mission to conduct and translate research findings into clinical practice and health policy that contributes to improving paediatric health care delivery and quality of life in children and their families. The successful candidate will possess and apply highly advanced scientific knowledge of innovative research concepts, theories and methods in the field of health systems and policy research. The Research Associate will assist the PI with day-to-day research operations and manage the project portfolio related to cutting-edge research on the implementation of precision cancer care for children.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
• Apply scientific creativity and knowledge in health economics and health systems and policy research to applied research questions of critical importance to child health.
• Independently design and implement research projects which include analyses of feasibility and application of a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts.
• Remain current on health systems research methodologies, principles and theories.
• Review and prepare peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts and grant proposals.
• Contribute to the development of new innovative research principles, theories and concepts.
• Provide leadership and supervision within the PI’s team on scientific matters.
• Assume responsibility for interpreting assignments, planning of studies, correlating data, evaluating results, and preparing reports embodying pertinent hypotheses, assumptions, procedures and findings.
• Present scientific outcomes to the project team, members of the research community, governmental and policy stakeholders, and scientific audiences at international conferences.
• Supervise and mentor trainees.
• Assist the PI in preparing research ethics board submissions, reviews of grant applications and manuscripts as appropriate.
• Assist the PI in ensuring that fiscal safety and legislative responsibilities are maintained.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Ph.D. in Public Health, Health Systems and Policy Research or a related field with relevant experience in applied health research or practice, including policy development, implementation and/or evaluation.
• Experience with systematic and qualitative literature reviews.
• Experience with qualitative research methods and policy analysis is highly valued.
• Specific interest in pharmaceutical policy and health technology assessment an asset.
• Facility with Excel-based data management and analysis; familiarity with advanced statistical software package(s) preferred.
• Management experience as a project leader.
• Demonstrated strong competency in written and verbal communications.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Previous experience with grant and manuscript writing.