Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver Centre, in the Cancer Control Research Department)
The Canadian Centre for Applied Research in Cancer Control (ARCC) is looking for a self-directed and diligent co-op student to provide assistance for a number of projects in the fields of economics, health economics and health services research. Our team is located at BC Cancer Agency, Vancouver Centre, in the Cancer Control Research Department. Learn more at http://www.cc-arcc.ca/
The successful applicant will work closely with ARCC and other research units on several assigned projects. This is a unique opportunity to learn more about quantitative research and engagement, and to gain exposure and understanding of different research areas in the context of resource allocation of public goods.
Applicants with an interest in economics, health economics and policy research are preferred, as are applicants with an interest in cancer research.
Successful applicant will develop skills in health services research and health economics in a ‘hands-on’ working environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in data collection, entry and analysis (quantitative and qualitative understanding would be beneficial)
- Edit reports, papers or presentations before submission
- Provide assistance in literature search including screening, search strategies, data extraction, etc.
- Summarize scientific journal articles
- Other duties as assigned
Skills gained from this work experience:
- Exposure to research in health economics and resource allocation in applied cancer control, and an understanding of different areas and disciplines.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your application to email@example.com.
Please forward this announcement to anyone they think might be interested!